Last updated 23/10/2015.
- clearly explained to you at the time when the information is collected from you; and
- permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles.
The information and data about you which we may collect, use and process includes the following:
1. information that you or a third party provide(s) to us by filling in forms on the Website or any other information you submit to us via the Website or email (for example, name, address and date of birth);
2. records of correspondence, whether via the Website, email, telephone or other means;
3. your responses to surveys or customer research that we carry out;
4. details of the transactions you carry out with us, whether via the Website, telephone or other means;
5. details of your visits to the Website or any associated websites that we own and manage (for example, the bet365 Facebook page) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data; and
6. information we collect from third parties for the purposes of credit, age and identification checks.
Use and disclosure
We may collect and use your personal information and data together with other information for the purposes of:
1. processing your bets, including credit card and on-line payments;
2. setting up, operating and managing your account;
3. complying with our legal and regulatory duties;
4. building up personal profiles;
5. carrying out customer research, surveys and analyses;
6. providing you with information about promotional offers and our products and services, where you have consented;
7. carrying out credit, age and identification checks (such checks might include your personal information and/or data being sent to and verified by a third party record holder. This process may involve the third party record holder verifying the personal information you have provided us with against the information that this third party holds) and monitoring transactions for the purposes of preventing fraud, irregular betting, money laundering and cheating or detecting suspicious behaviour;
8. determining your liability to Australian GST and other taxes where applicable;
9. dealing with and managing complaints and other customer care activities;
10. your participation in activities conducted by our business partners, provided that you have consented to this participation; and
11. protecting and defending the rights or property of bet365, this Website, or partner websites.
We will only disclose personal information to other companies within our corporate group of companies and to business partners, successors in title to our business and suppliers that are engaged to process such information on our behalf, for purposes set out above.
Additionally, and without limiting the purposes and bodies set out above, we are entitled to share the information we hold on you, which includes personal data and betting history, with the Northern Territory Racing Commission or other regulatory or statutory authorities, law enforcement bodies and courts including the police, and racing/sporting bodies to:
a) comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and/or
b) to enable us and/or the body/ies to which the data is disclosed to investigate fraud, money laundering or sports integrity issues.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept secure and protected.
Telephone calls to and from our Customer Contact Centre are recorded for training and security purposes along with the resolution of any queries arising from the service you receive.
Marketing and Promotion
From time to time, we may provide you with promotional offers, newsletters or other information about our products and services. However, if you wish not to receive communications about our latest offers, products and services please Contact Us. Our electronic communications also include an “unsubscribe” link which will enable you to opt out of receiving further marketing materials.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate.
If you want to delete any cookies already stored on your computer or stop the cookies that keep track of your browsing patterns on the Website you can do so by deleting your existing cookies and/or altering your browser's privacy settings to block cookies (the process you follow will differ from browser to browser). If you would like more information on how to do this please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling our future cookies means that you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Website.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Some of the data processors engaged to process personal data may be based outside of Australia.
Such a transfer of data does not take place unless:
- the transfer is necessary for the verification of your identity or suitability to become a client of bet365, the performance of a contract between you and bet365, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you; or
- the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between bet365 and a third party; or
- all of the following apply:
(i) the transfer is for your benefit;
(ii) it is impracticable to obtain your consent to the transfer; and
(iii) if it were practicable to obtain such consent, you would be likely to give it; or –
- bet365 has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information which it has transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Important Notice: cross-border disclosures
By providing your personal information to bet365, you consent to such disclosures to overseas recipients.
Access to information and correction
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If we believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information. However, the accuracy of your personal information is largely reliant on the quality of the information you provide us. To ensure that we have your most current and accurate personal information, you are entitled to access and correct the information held about you. This can be done by contacting us using the contact details provided on the Contact Us page on the Website.
Should you have any privacy related concerns or complaints, please contact us via our designated privacy email address email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of your complaint within two business days. We will investigate your complaint and reply within seven business days of receiving your complaint. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commission via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appendix 1 – Potential Overseas Recipients of Information